Maine Bear Hunting Over Bait
DATES AND RATES
- We strive for quality and not quantity taking very few bear hunters per week.
- Choose OMM's exclusive Boat Access black bear hunt to go by boat to your stand and enjoy the solitude of a hunt within the Eagle Lake State Reserve.
- Remote bear hunts on almost 100 square miles of exclusive territory.
- Rifle, Pistol, Black Powder, Shotgun, and Archery bear hunters accommodated.
- Baited bear hunts start the last week of August - Hound hunts start in late September and continue into October.
- Bear hunter success rates are way above average. (State average 25%)
- Bears ranging from 4.5 feet and occasionally exceeding 7 feet.
- All clients are bear hunting over active bear baits.
- Trail cameras are utilized by bear guides to enhance success.
- Private channel, 5-watt, 2-way radios for direct communication with your black bear guide.
- Bear Guides have 50-watt radios in their vehicles. No needlessly long waits in your bear stand.
- Comfortable lakeside log cabins with private bath – on the waters of 5,500 ac. Eagle Lake.
- Fine cuisine is served in the historic dining room - Maine lobster, prime meats and much more.
- High quality black bear hunts, reasonably priced and ideally located.
- New in 2020! - Non-stop United Airlines jet service from Dulles International to Presque Isle (PQI), just 45 miles from camp.
- Bring your spouse and children! Plenty of lodge activies for everyone.